10 Reasons to Love Our Snow PantsPosted by Ellen Rubin on
Can your snow pants actually improve your skiing/boarding performance?
Probably not, but a pair that fits well will make your outdoor activities more enjoyable.
Snow pants, even those that come in “short” sizes, have inseams that start at 30”. This is definitely too long for many men. It affects the proportions of the entire garment and means that the crotch will be saggy and you’ll have folds of extra material that gather snow at the bottom.
Luckily, Peter Manning NYC has designed a snow pant specifically for the shorter man. Everything is designed proportionately around the inseam to fit and move with the wearer.
So, if you’re looking for a quality product that keeps you warm, fits well, and is stylish to boot, look no further!
- Inseams – Peter Manning inseams come in 27” & 29” lengths. Inseam measurements affect how much overflow you’ll have at the bottom and even how high up the waist comes. For optimal movement and performance, you want an inseam that won’t cut into the crotch or hinder your movements by being too saggy.
Don’t worry, you aren’t giving up anything quality-wise, simply because you’ve found a truly “short” snow pant that fits. We are offering the same features found on the best brands.
- Shell fabrication – We’ve used a breathable waterproof shell that protects you from the wind and cold. Our snow pants are coated with a durable water repellent (DWR) polymer that will keep you dry yet breathes.
- Taped seams – If moisture or wind can seep in at the seams, you won’t come in from a day in the snow either warm or dry. Our pants have taped seams where it counts.
- Inner linings are important for protection from the elements. Ours have a bit of spandex in them so they will move with you. They’re also soft, water resistant, and because they stretch from waist to ankle you’ll stay as warm as possible.
- Gaiters – One of the most critical areas of ski pants are the inner elasticized cuffs to be worn outside your boots to keep snow from creeping in – especially if you happen to wipe out. Our cuffs are water resistant with anti-slip elastic. And of course, because the inseam is properly fitted, you won’t have many, many inches of extra fabric bunching and collecting snow around your ankles.
Venting – Having fun outside is hard work and it’s important to have a way to regulate your temperature. We’ve incorporated zippered vents in the inside upper thighs that have a mesh lining for breathability.
- Pockets are important! Ours are deep enough to hold your essentials. Pants with longer inseams may have pockets that are too deep for comfort. No one wants to have their keys resting on top of their knees. All our pockets have water resistant zippers.
Adjustable waists – Imagine trying to play all day with a waistband that either digs in or keeps letting your pants slip. We’ve solved that problem with size choices, elastic, adjustable velcro tabs, and snap closures.
- Optional Suspenders - If you choose to use suspenders, we give you breathable fabric (no sweaty back here), secure zip-in back and built-in front closures – all in flexible, moisture wicking materials.
- Looking Good! – We offer thoughtfully designed snow pants for maximum mobility. You may notice a number of seams in our pants, especially around the knee. These are purposely placed so you will have optimal range of motion.
We offer our snow pants in both navy and black to help you coordinate with your jacket. Now you can look good having fun.
Whether you are skiing, boarding, snow mobiling, or just playing with the kids, our snow pants will keep you warm and dry all winter long.